CONTEST BEGINS OCTOBER 12, 2010 AT 12:01 AM EASTERN STANDARD TIME AND ENDS NOVEMBER 16, 2010 AT 11:59 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME ("ENTRY PERIOD"). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO ANY STUDENT WHO IS REGISTERED IN A COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY AS OF THE DATE THIS CONTEST BEGINS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Sponsor: Mac-Gray Services, Inc. (“Mac-Gray”) is the sponsor and administrator of the Contest and is responsible for the fulfillment of the prizes. Entrants should look solely to Mac-Gray, 404 Wyman Street – Suite 400, Waltham, MA 02451 (“Sponsor Address”) with any questions, comments or problems related to the Contest.
1. Entry: You can enter the Contest during the Entry Period by uploading your design file in JPEG or PDF format via www.campusclothesline.net and following the instructions on the website. Your submission must be original and any use of any photo, drawing, images or elements created by any other person is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification. You may use logos or trademarks owned by Mac-Gray, but such right is limited to this Contest and Mac-Gray’s logos or trademarks may not be used for any other purpose. Your design cannot be offensive or defamatory and cannot violate any person’s right to privacy or other personal rights.
Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Limitation: One entry only per student. Multiple or subsequent entries from the same person will be disqualified. Any attempt by a person to enter more than once with multiple email accounts may result in disqualification at the discretion of Mac-Gray upon verification of prize winner. By submission, you agree that your design entries and materials (and all works derived from them) will become the sole and exclusive property of Mac-Gray and may be used by Mac-Gray for advertising and/or publicity purposes in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the world wide web, without notice, review, approval or compensation.
2. Eligibility: Open to any college or university student, regardless of whether or not Mac-Gray is the college’s or university’s laundry service provider. Employees, officers, and directors of Mac-Gray and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, consultants, contractors, suppliers, advertising, public relations, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
3. Winner Selection: The winner of the Contest will be selected by a panel of three independent judges, experienced in the area of creative design (“Panel”). The Panel will select a winner based on creativity, design quality and the incorporation of “Being Clean and Green”. Winner will be notified by email, mail or telephone by November 18, 2010. Winner must accept the prize within three (3) business days of notification. Any winner notification not accepted within three business days or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture and an alternate winner will be selected. The winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, publicity release (except where prohibited by law) and release of liability within fourteen (14) days of notification. No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Mac-Gray in its sole discretion. Mac-Gray is not responsible, and may disqualify an entrant if the entrant’s email does not work or if entrant’s email address or street address, as applicable, is changed, or if the entrant no longer is registered at a college or university.
4. Prize: One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be awarded a cash prize of $500.00 and 500 units of their design will be produced and distributed at their college/university. Any taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Ten (10) Finalists: Ten (10) Finalists will have their design displayed on www.campusclothesline.net.
No prize substitution is permitted.
5. General Conditions: This Contest shall be conducted in English (which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning) and any and all disputes will be resolved in the appropriate courts in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in the U.S., exclusively, and subject to the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to any conflict of laws principles.
The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within the United States. All taxes, fees, and surcharges are solely the responsibility of the winner. Failure to comply with any of these Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If prize is forfeited, a new winner will be selected by the Panel. No more than one prize will be awarded.
Except where prohibited by law, the winner grants (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) permission for Mac-Gray, their advertising, promotional agencies and Contest prize suppliers, and those acting under the authority of each to use such winner’s name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, as well as the winning design and all works derived from it, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the world wide web, without notice, review, approval, or additional compensation. Entrants further agree that Mac-Gray, its affiliates, subsidiaries, consultants, contractors, prize suppliers, advertising, public relations, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and the respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents of each (together the “Contest Entities”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, participation in this promotion, or participating in any prize-related activity. The Contest Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property in connection with the delivery and/or subsequent use of the prizes awarded. The Contest Entities make no representations or warranties concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply. Neither Mac-Gray nor Contest Entities will replace any lost or stolen prize items.
6. Conduct: By entering the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Official Rules will be posted at www.campusclothesline.net throughout the Entry Period and for 2 months thereafter. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Mac-Gray reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any website; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
7. Limitations of Liability: Mac-Gray is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web-site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest. Mac-Gray assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost submissions, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Mac-Gray is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web-site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Mac-Gray which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then Mac-Gray reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
8. Winners’ List & Official Rules: To obtain a printed copy of the name of the winner or a copy of the Official Rules by mail, send your request and a self-addressed, stamped, #10 envelope to: Mac-Gray 404 Wyman Street – suite 400 Waltham, MA 02451, Attn: Marketing Department-Design Contest Winner or Attn: Marketing Department-Design Contest Rules. Requests must be received no later than February 1, 2010.
9. Tax Information: All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Sponsored by: Mac-Gray Services, Inc